BOSIET (with EBS) DD
Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency Training (with Emergency Breathing System) Digital Delivery
Aim: The aim of the Digital Delivery of BOSIET (with EBS) is to introduce delegates to the specific safety issues and regimes relevant to offshore installations, and to equip them with the basic emergency response knowledge and skills for travelling to and from offshore installations by helicopter.
- Identify the generic hazards which are specific to offshore oil and gas installations, potential risks associated with those hazards, and how controls are put in place to eliminate or reduce risks.
- Identify key offshore related safety regulations and explain the basic safety management concepts
- Demonstrate, in a simulated environment, that they can use the safety equipment, and follow procedures in preparing for, and during helicopter emergencies – with particular focus on escaping from a helicopter following ditching
- Demonstrate sea survival and first aid techniques
- Demonstrate that they can effectively use basic firefighting equipment, and practise self-rescue techniques in low visibility situations, to include smoke filled areas.
- Delegates will complete the underpinning knowledge for all learning outcomes via completion of the online BOSIET (with EBS) Programme prior to attending an OPITO-approved training centre to complete formal assessment against all learning outcomes.